46. With the help of the government, a large number of people ______ after the flood in 1991.
A. survived B. suspended C. suffered D. subjected
47. This kind of experience offers no ______ to those who are seeking jobs.
A. admiration B. adjustment C. advantage D. adherence
48. For many patients, institutional care is the most _______ and beneficial form of care.
A. pertinent B. appropriate C. acute D. persistent
49. No one can know everything now, nor ______ necessary for a person to know everything.
A. is it B. it is C. was it D. it was
50. David likes country life and has decided to ______ farming.
A. go in for B. go back on
C. go through with D. go along with